ISC – International Sports Convention was taking place in Geneva on 7th and 8th December. The campaign slogan was “Bringing the word of sports together”, because the conference united people from sports business and specialists of different sports areas together from all over the word.
Robin Russel, the chairman of Sports Path International and UEFA football development consultant, invited us to be part of the great sports event in Switzerland. Iztok Kavčič and Igor Vinojčič from Feel-Coaching.eu attended at two interesting seminars at Palexpo Center in Geneva. On Tuesday were on the schedule seminars within “International Football Development”conference, on Wednesday we listened to “Football coaching and E-learning” specialists from all over the world.
International Football Development Conference on Tuesdey started with Tom Byer, head technical advisor for Chinese football schools. He explained the priorites and organisation of Chinese football development and underline the importance of early training with the ball. Tom previosly for more than 15 years worked in Japan where he implemented the Coerver Coaching system, now he lives in Tokio and plays an important role in Chinese football schools.
Piet Hubers, Technical director of Grassroots football in India, presented us “The establishment of Grassroots Program in India and the creation of India Super League Youth Academy”.
Kris Van Der Haegen, director of coach education in Belgium, took a very interesting and passionate lesson. He explained the way of coaching and football program for youth national teams and academies in Belgium. He underlined the importance of building healthy relationships beetwen coach and players. This fact is beside technique, tactics and physical skills one of the most important conditions for player development and team success.
During the 2-day conference we took lessons from many football specialists about football development and E-learning:
- Martin Hunter, technical director of FC Southampton, presented how to Bridging the gap between youth and 1st team football
- Richard Grootscholten, Head of Fayenoord Academy, had a presentation “Integrating the use of the web into the development of young players”
- Dr. Lee Hancock, LA Galaxy educational adviser, explained how works LA Galaxy Blended Learning Environment
- Dr. David Carr, Coordinator of Coaching Education at Ohio University, presented the Post graduate online degree courses in soccer coaching
- David Powderly, Coach and Drone Enthusiast at FC Charlton Athletic, showed Using the drone to enhance game understanding